Saturday, November 24, 2012

Take a Break for Thanksgiving!


Take a Break for Thanksgiving!

 

 Time Allotment
Activity
Materials Needed
10 minutes
Tell students about Thanksgiving in America (день подяки). It is a time when we think of all the things we are grateful for (Я вдячний за ...). Have students think about the things they are grateful for.  Make a table or a spider map on the board.
 
·         Chalkboard
·         Chalk
20 minutes
Students will create their own flipbooks (see instructions in this link.)
Title page: Happy Thanksgiving—З Днем Подяки!
First Page: practice adjectives прикметники
·         I am grateful to be…
·         For example: I am grateful to be happy. (Я вдячний за можливість бути щасливим.)
 
Adjectives Example Page
 
 
Second Page: practice verbs дієслова
·         I am grateful that I can…
·         For example: I am grateful that I can play with my friends. (Я вдячний, що я можу грати зі своїми друзями.)
 
Verbs Example Page
 

Third Page: practice nouns іменники
·         I am grateful for (or…I am grateful to have…)
·         For example: I am grateful for my family. (Я вдячний за мою родину.)
 
Noun Example Page
 
 
·         Flipbooks
10 minutes
Students share their books with the whole group, reading aloud.
 
 

Students busy at work on their gratitude journals


 

No comments:

Post a Comment